Book Submission for Christian Publishing House
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTION ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
- Bible Backgrounds
- Bible Study & Reference
- Bible Translation (Philosophy & Differences)
- Biblical Interpretation
- Children & Teens
- Christian Living
- Christian Philosophy
- Churches & Church Leadership
- Church History
- Fiction (Novels)
- Ministry & Evangelism
- Textual Criticism (NT & OT)
Your proposal should also include the following
- The book title and subtitle
- A table of contents, including a two or three sentence description of each chapter
- A brief description of the proposed book (200-300 words), including the unique contribution of the book and why you feel it must be published
- Your intended reader (audience)
- Your academic or personal biography, including your qualifications to write the book
- Your name, email address, phone number, street address, city, and state, and postal code
The proposal should be no more than five pages. If we’re interested in reviewing more material from you, we’ll respond within 1-2 weeks.
The Author Must Hold the Conservative, Biblical Worldview/Positions Below
I, THE AUTHOR, ________________, fully agree to the conservative biblical views/positions listed below. I fully understand that if ever I drop any one of these views, I will immediately be dropped by CPH and have my books returned. If any view/position is not understood, it will be explained to the author and illustrator.
- The author affirms, wholeheartedly agrees and accepts the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy (ICBI)
- The author affirms, wholeheartedly agrees and accepts the full or absolute inerrancy of Scripture in the original languages.
- The author further affirms, wholeheartedly agrees and accepts that literal translation of Scripture is the Word of God to the extent that they faithfully represent the original.
- The author affirms, wholeheartedly agrees and accepts that the Bible in the original languages is infallible, authoritative, authentic, accurate and true,
- The author affirms grammatico-historical interpretation (i.e., plain-normal interpretation/“when the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense seek no other sense”) as the position of the Protestant Church since the Reformation. The meaning of a text is what the author meant by the words that he used.
- The author rejects historical-critical interpretation developed in the rise of the Enlightenment that seeks to dismiss or denigrate the plain, normal meaning of Scripture or apply a meaning foreign or contrary to the literal sense (allowing for figures of speech).
- The author affirms, wholeheartedly agrees and accepts that the critical text of Westcott and Hort of 1881, the Nestle-Aland and the United Bible Society (WH NU) is the preferred and trusted text in Bible translation.
- The author fully rejects the Textus Receptus (TR), i.e., the Received Text as corrupt and untrustworthy.
AUTHOR, CHURCH & BOOKSTORE DISCOUNT BOOK ORDER
Number of Books Author, Church & Bookstore Discount
1 to 15 books 30% Off Retail Price
16 to 25 books 32% Off Retail Price
26 to 50 books 35% Off Retail Price
51 to 150 books 40% Off Retail Price
151 to 250 books 45% Off Retail Price
251 to 500 books 50% Off Retail Price
251 to 500 books 51% Off Retail Price
501 to 1500 books 52% Off Retail Price
866-580-6125 for Questions [email protected] Email Orders
When you place your author order, write to [email protected] In that email state your title(s) and how many copies you want. Also, give your mailing address or the address where you want them to be sent, which might be a book signing event, as opposed to your home address. Check to see if your address is correct before hitting send because we copy and paste your address into the printer/distributor order form. Once we receive it, we will send you an invoice by way of PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay for the order, you can pay with many other forms of payment, such as debit and credit cards. You simply click on the link and pay for the order, and then we will process that order and email you an order number and an expected delivery date.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
Where Will My Book Be Sold?
- The Amazon Kindle eBook will be live within 6-72 hours once we hit publish and the Google eBook with 6 hours, while the FaithLife eBook can take 2-3 weeks.
- The paperback will be live on Amazon first within 1-5 days once we hit publish.
- The paperback in all other stores can take 2-6 weeks to become live.
- The paperback in the computer system of physical bookstores can take 2-6 weeks but can go as much as 12 weeks.
How can I find out who ordered my book?
We are unable to provide any specific sales information as to which bookstore, retailer or library purchased the book(s). Christian Publishing House is a private, family-owned company and sales information for the retailer or library who purchased the book(s) is proprietary information and cannot be shared. In reality, we do not even have access to it. What we receive from the distributors is what country they were sold in and how many sales there were, as well as the total royalties we received.
When do I receive Compensation Payments for books sold through Ingram's Global Distribution Network?
The sale of the book is given to us by the printer and distributor 90 days from the end of the month in which the book was sold. You receive the payment the following month. In other words, when your book first starts making sales, you will not receive your first payment for four months. However, when you do receive it, it will be a monthly payment in an arrearage of four months. For example, if you sold books in January, February, March April, and May, you would receive January sales in May, February sales in June, March sales in July, April sales in August, and May sales in September. All payments are made through PayPal, so all authors must have a PayPal account. PayPal is the safest way to make online payments and it is instantaneous.
How can my customers order my book?
Customers are able to order your book through physical bookstores, online retailer websites, and through the Christian Publishing House Bookstore. We usually mark the book down by about $2.00 on the CPH website. But if you are marketing and advertising your book on social media, direct traffic to Amazon. Why? (1) They are the world's biggest bookseller. (2) They are a trusted name and they have a superb return policy or money back if the book does not show up. (3) Customers will literally pay more for a book from a known source that gets a discount from a less-known source. (4) You receive more royalties from Amazon than any other store.
How does distribution work?
With Christian Publishing House’s Print on Demand service, books can be purchased through physical bookstores, libraries, and retail outlets. They can be placed from any major online bookstore. The order prints, ships, and arrives at the customer or store within a few days.
How do stores know about my book?
The printer and distributor send a metadata feed containing all the information and pricing for your book to more than 39,000 bookstores, libraries, and retail outlets all over the world. Ingram's customers and Print-On-Demand distribution channel partners will upload the metadata for your book to their website and will decide if they want to sell the book through their website. A store can search for your book on Christian Publishing House's website or other websites and see the metadata linked to it.
- Royalties on Publisher’s
copies of the Work sold by the Publisher under this Agreement, Publisher shall
credit Author’s account with the following royalties on Net Copies Sold:
- 20% of Net Revenues on Net Copies Sold of any Print Editions up to 10,000 copies;
30% of Net Revenues on Net Copies Sold of any Print Editions from 10,001 copies and up to 20,000 copies;
40% of Net Revenues on Net Copies Sold of any Print Editions from 20,001 copies and above;
- 20% of the Net Revenues on sales of any Electronic Editions, up to 10,000 copies;
30% of the Net Revenues on sales of any Electronic Editions, from 10,001 copies and up to up to 20,000 copies;
- 40% of the Net Revenues on sales of any Electronic Editions, from 20,001 copies and above;
- 0% of the Net Revenues on sales when the author uses their discount code.
- “Electronic Edition,” as used in this Agreement, shall refer to any Edition of the Work that is sold, distributed, or accessed in an electronic or digital format through the publisher’s distribution network.
- “Net Revenues,” as used in this Agreement, shall refer to money actually received by the Publisher from the sale of copies of the work, net of returns, after deducting Distribution and Freight Fees.
- “Net Copies Sold,” as used in this Agreement, means the sale, less returns, of any and all copies of the Work sold by Publisher through conventional channels of distribution in the book trade. It does not include promotional and review copies, or copies the author purchases directly from the publisher at author discount. Royalties on all eBooks sold will be paid at 20% of the Net Price (royalties received from the distributors).
- “Deep Discounts,” as used in this Agreement, shall refer to all sales in excess of Publisher’s normal wholesale discount. These sales may occur in high discount channels outside the normal book-purchasing channels, such as, but not limited to, brick and mortar bookstores, libraries, colleges, and universities, etc.
- At this time, the Publisher makes payments to the Author(s) by way of Pay Pal.
 If the author can sell 5,000 print copies within the first 30 days of the publishing date, the author can immediately be moved to 40% royalties.
 If the author can sell 5,000 eBook copies within the first 30 days of the publishing date, the author can immediately be moved to 40% royalties.
RETAIL PRICE OF YOUR BOOK BASED ON PAGE COUNT
CPH EXPERIENCE PUBLISHING BOOK
Our publishing packages are below. But a few reasons why we
are your best choice.
- We have 15 years of experience and can accomplish anything the bigger publishers may promise.
- We are honest with you about the publishing world and what it takes to be an author, we do not mislead people to get your business.
- We are with you every step of the way and you are involved.
- We have a great aftercare program where you are just as important to us after you publish as when you first arrived. We will help you build your brand (author name) with counsel and direction.
- Paperback Formatting
- E-Book Formatting
- Custom Designed Book Cover
- Custom Designed Interior Formatting
- ISBN Number
- One-on-one author support
- Monthly Royalties
- Author Retains Copyright
- Paperback on All Major Online Stores
- On Major E-Book Stores
- Paperback Physical Bookstores
- Available in 72 Countries
- Social Media Marketing Counsel
- Aftercare Following Publishing
- Editing Spelling, Grammar & Syntax
- Social Media Advertising
THE AUTHOR must order at least 30 copies of their book once published at their author discount