"EXPLAINING THE DOCTRINE OF SALVATION: Basic Bible Doctrines of the Christian Faith" is a comprehensive and thought-provoking exploration of the multifaceted concept of salvation from a Christian perspective. Authored by a renowned conservative Bible scholar, this book delves into the depths of Biblical teachings, offering a detailed examination of salvation's various aspects as portrayed in the scriptures. The book is a compelling resource for theologians, pastors, students of theology, and any Christian seeking a deeper understanding of their faith.
- In-Depth Biblical Analysis: Each chapter methodically examines key Biblical narratives—from Noah's Ark to the Babylonian Exile—highlighting their significance in the broader context of salvation.
- Critical Examination of Calvinism: The appendices provide a thorough critique of Calvinist doctrines such as Total Depravity and Unconditional Election, presenting scriptural counterarguments for a more balanced view of salvation.
- Focus on Enduring Faith and Repentance: The book emphasizes the necessity of ongoing faith, challenging the notion of 'Once Saved, Always Saved' and advocating for a dynamic understanding of Christian perseverance.
- Balanced Theological Perspective: While critiquing certain doctrinal viewpoints, the book maintains a respectful approach, fostering a nuanced understanding of complex theological issues.
- Accessible to a Broad Audience: Written in clear, comprehensible language, the book addresses both the scholarly community and lay Christians, making complex theological concepts accessible to all.
"EXPLAINING THE DOCTRINE OF SALVATION" is particularly suited for readers interested in Biblical studies, Christian theology, and church history. Its thorough analysis makes it an invaluable resource for theological students, educators, clergy, and laypersons desiring a deeper understanding of Christian salvation doctrines.
Overall, this book offers a rich, scripturally grounded exploration of salvation, challenging traditional views while encouraging readers to engage deeply with Biblical teachings. It's an essential addition to any theological library, promising to enlighten, educate, and inspire its readers.
- Publisher: Christian Publishing House (February 2, 2016)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 308 pages
- ISBN-10: 0692634495
- ISBN-13: 978-0692634493
- Item Weight: 6.9 ounces
- Dimensions: 5 x 0.44 x 8 inches
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
EDWARD D. ANDREWS (AS in Criminal Justice, BS in Religion, MA in Biblical Studies, and MDiv in Theology) is CEO and President of Christian Publishing House. He has authored over 220+ books. In addition, Andrews is the Chief Translator of the Updated American Standard Version (UASV).